Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday, March 10, 2008

Dear Mom and Dad,

Yesterday was so fun! Jenny took me for a long walk with Boz. The big world isn't as scary with Boz around. Boz is teaching me the "nice" way to play. I'm learning not to bark at him when I want to play tug of war. Jenny's Grandma Shirley came over yesterday and brought two little Chihuahuas called Snack and Mouse. Mouse was cranky and snapped at me but Snack was super cool and now she's staying with all of us while I'm here. I was only allowed to sniff Jenny's Grandma through the screen door. Jenny showed her the right way to let me smell her, but she cheated by looking at me and I growled. I'm not sure what to think of her. She smells funny and has white hair. Jenny scolded me for growling and I walked away. Then Grandma Shirley took that mean old Mouse back home with her. Thank the Dog God's!

Then we did another training session. Jenny got a little frustrated when she was teaching me to go "down" because I was trying to be silly and play with her. She wanted me to be a good student and focus, but I had a case of the wiggles. I caught her laughing. Sucker! Later in the evening she cut my toe nails. She was very gentle. She also cleaned my ears and put medicine in them because I have a little yeast infection. It's nothing to worry about. She checked me out today and it's already clearing up. Yay! Oh, she also brushed me and gave me did something funny with her hands. It felt really good and I fell asleep. I think she called it a Puppy Massage. Well, whatever it was, it was awesome! Boz and Woofie got one too.

Woofie still doesn't like me. I'm not mean to him but I like to bark at him when he's in his run. He gets really mad and tries to eat me through the fence. I think it's fun but Jenny makes me stop. Boy, Woofie sure is easy to tease! Still, I have to learn to be "nice" and Jenny either tells me to "relax" or "settle". She tells Woofie to do the same. Who knew a dog that old could be so cranky?

Also, I like the food Jenny gives me. It's yummy. I get so excited when she brings out our bowls but she always makes me eat last. Bummer. Today, we are going on something called a "hike". It sounds interesting. We're going with Boz, and two dogs named Benny and Pepper. I'm excited to meet them and make more friends! Hopefully Jenny will show me how to meet people without being scared. Her neighbor, Merik, and her mom, Nicki are coming over to set up two crates. One for me and one for Boz, to sleep in when she's away. I guess it's good because I tried to eat her rug in the kitchen yesterday when she went to the store. She didn't get mad because she knew I didn't understand that I did anything wrong. I like her. I give her lots of kisses and she rubs my ears.

Well, I better go now. I think I have another training session to do. Goodie! More treats! Oh, and she's been giving me baby carrots. I'm not sure how to chew them yet (Jenny giggles a lot when I try to figure it out), but I'm watching Boz to learn. He really seems to like them so I want to like them too.

Okay, Mom and Dad... I love you. I'll write more soon. Jenny says to drink lots of margaritas for her, and we'll post pictures soon too!

xoxoxo,
Diesel

P.S. Jenny thinks I can have my own kitty because of how gentle I am with Snack :)

No comments: