Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Mom and Dad!

I wish could give you a chocolate bunny to celebrate but dogs aren't allowed in stores that sell food. Jenny hosted a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt in her front and backyards. Boz and I had to stay in the dog-run but it was interesting to watch. So many little people, running around and screaming every time they found a funny looking, sorta round, thing called an "egg". I know that because the kids kept saying "I found one! I found an egg!".

Lots of people were laughing and getting excited. It made me want to get out and help. Jenny and some of the parent's helped the littlest kids look for the eggs. It didn't take long for them to find the eggs. Jenny had to count the number because she wanted to make sure they were all found. She was worried Boz and I might find the left-overs and eat them. Eggs aren't bad for dogs but the shells are. A little girl named Gracie found the most eggs. She lives around the corner with her little sister, Ava. Seeing all those kids made me miss Vance and Brennan. Will you tell them I miss them and give them lots of face licks for me? Oops! Jenny says I can't ask you to lick their faces because that would be gross for a human to do.

We're going to leave for a hike in about an hour. Jenny is going to show me some goats and horses up close. I think they look like dogs but they smell different and make funnier sounds that scare me. I'm get scared of the silliest things, or so Jenny says... Like brown paper bags from the grocery store. When Jenny was folding them the sound made me run out of the kitchen and hide in my crate. She brought the bag over, put some hot dogs in it, and made me put my head inside to get the hot dogs out. It was really scary. So, she had Boz do it and then I copied him. It wasn't so bad after all. Still, sounds and new things make me nervous. People still make me a little nervous too. Jenny just tells everyone to stay calm so I can sniff them and then it's all good.

When I come home Jenny is going to give you a list of instructions for people who come to visit us. It will help me learn that they are not going to "get me", and that you guys aren't going to let anything bad happen to me. I think it would help if the people gave me treats :) I really like it when the treats come flyin' out of their pockets!

Okay, I better get going. Jenny's getting Boz and I ready for our hike. We're doing five miles! I should sleep really well tonight. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that I have gained four pounds! I've also got really big muscles in my butt and legs... "Every woman's greatest wish," says Jenny. I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm just a big, goofy, floppy lipped doggie with lots of love to share!

I love you,
Diesel

P.S. Jenny is going to take more pictures this week so I can post them on my blog :)

No comments: